North Vietnam Adventure 8 days
|Duration||8 days 7 nights|
|Journey||Hanoi - Mai Chau - Poom Coong - Xa Linh - Hang Kia - Cun Pheo - Van Mai - Hang trible village - Hills of Pu Luong - Hin village - Hanoi|
Day 1: Hanoi Arrival
Upon arrival at Noi Bai airport, pick up and transfer to hotel at centre of Hanoi. Rest of the day is free. Overnight in Hanoi.
Day 2: Hanoi - Mai Chau - Poom Coong (B/L/D) - trek 6km
This morning you leave early and head southwest to Mai Chau, past sweeping vistas of lush hills and limestone karsts. After lunch, stretch your legs with a walk around the village of Pom Coong, inhabited by the Thai people. As you enjoy a barbeque dinner, watch a performance of local dance and music. (Today’s trek is 6km). Overnight in local home in Pom Coong.
Day 3: Mai Chau - Xa Linh - Hang Kia - Cun Pheo (B/L/D) - trek 20km, 9-10hrs
Transfer to the village of Xa Linh for the start of your trek along a mixture of paths, streambeds, and steep jungle hillsides reaching a H’mong village for a late lunch. This afternoon is mainly downhill, trekking along tracks which wind through hamlets, across small streams, and over suspension bridges. As you approach the village of Cun Pheo, soak in the beautiful scenery of the Mai Chau valley. (Today’s trek is 21km, 9-10hrs). Homestay in Cun Pheo.
Day 4: Cun Pheo - Van Mai - Hang Tribe village (B/L/D) - trek 25km, 8-10hrs
Today, experience the diversity of Vietnam as you trek through indigenous villages belonging to the region’s different tribes. After lunch, transfer to Sai village for the trek to Hang Village, an oasis in the middle of Pu Luong Nature reserve. This path follows a route once used as part of the Ho Chi Minh trail during the Vietnam War to supply the resistance, but now is a tranquil area perfect for a late afternoon trek. (Today’s trek 25km, 8-10 hrs). Overnight in Hang Village.
Day 5: Trekking the hills of Pu Luong (B/L/D) trek 18km, 6-8hrs
Today, hike through the Pu Luong valley with steep ascents and relaxing downhills. Reach Kho Muong for your overnight stay, an incredibly scenic village nestled between steep limestone karts and lush, verdant hills. Should you have enough energy remaining, take a short walk out to a nearby cave for some adventurous exploring. (Today’s trek 18km, 6-8hrs). Homestay in Kho Muong.
Day 6: Pu Luong Market Trek (B/L) - trek 18km, 6-7hrs
Today begins with a challenging but glorious downhill hike which takes you to the Nature Reserve’s only market. The vendors are from nearby villages and they trek two hours uphill to bring their produce and goods to sell. After this fascinating market visit, continue on foot to the beautiful surroundings of the Nua Village eco-lodge. (Today’s trek 18km, 6-7hrs). Overnight in Nua Village.
Day 7: Hin Village - Hanoi (B/L/D) - trek 11km, 4-5hrs
The last day of trekking takes you from the mountains and paddy fields to Tom village. From here you will be picked up and transferred back to Hanoi, arriving late this afternoon. Relax and freshen up before dinner at a delicious Vietnamese restaurant. (Today’s trek 11km, 4-5hrs). Overnight in Hanoi.
Day 8: Hanoi - Departure (B)
Breakfast at hotel and free for last minute shopping or sightseeing before transferring to the airport for your onward flight.
Price & booking
Package price: US$ 496/person (minimum 2 person)
- English speaking adventure guide
- Local trekking expert from day 3 to 8
- Trekking supporting staffs
- Private air-conditioned vehicle for transfers
- Jeep support for trekking day from village to village
- Local fruits for trekking days
- Local bus transfers as needed
- Private boat trip in Halong bay for 5 hours cruise
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
- Traditional performance in Mai Chau on day 3
- Sight seeing admission fees where required in the itinerary
- Local trekking permission and ranger fees
- Basic first aid kit
- Bottled drinking water for trekking days only
- International air ticket reconfirmation
- International flight to/from Vietnam and international departure airport tax
- Visa to Vietnam. Please ensure to get visa before departure
- Any individual airport transfers
- Optional sightseeing tour in Hanoi
- Beverage, alcoholic drinks and drinks at mealtime except 1 small bottle of water at meal time
- Trekking porterage on request. If client (s) want to hire a porter for his/herself then he/she will
- pay directly
- Personal travel insurance
- Personal expenses (tips, laundry, telephone & camera films...
- Energy bars and trek snacks
- Other services not clearly stated in the inclusive portion.